In our final episode of 2011 we look back at all the cool events that happened at the Disneyland Resort this past year.
Beware! Parks may hit capacity this weekend http://ocresort.ocregister.com/2011/12/16/beware-tourists-disney-parks-could-reach-capacity/105894/
Disneyland We will start seeing some wall pop up on Main Street. The Carnation Cafe will reclaim the space currently occupied by the Blue Ribbon Bakery and once again offer indoor dining in addition to its open-air patio.
The Blue Ribbon will disappear completely starting January 5, with the new Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe at the end of Main Street taking over the bakery duties. Next door, the Gibson Girl will also close to receive a remodel that will address the crowd-flow issues that this popular location deals with. With the Blue Ribbon Bakery closing and becoming space for sit-down dining, the Gibson Girl's overflow queue can no longer extend into the Blue Ribbon's space.
Meanwhile at the end of Main Street, the former Plaza Pavilion is just about ready to reopen as the new Mary Poppins-themed Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe. The new location will offer the line-up of baked goods and coffee drinks currently available at the Blue Ribbon Bakery along with new signature entrees including hot sandwiches and fresh salads. The new Jolly Holiday marquee went up last week and looks quite similar to the old Plaza Pavilion signage.
DCA Carlsand looks fantastic. Over at the Fly and Buy retail location in Condor Flats, the gas pumps were remove and replace with new ones. The old ones had a dirty abandoned look to them where as the new pumps have a clean and 1930’s style look to them. Feature - A look back (from our perspective)
- Disney Chanel Rocks!
- CALIFORNIA letters in front of DCA GONE
- We Reviewed TRON Legacy
- "Family Fun Weekends" at Disneyland January 14 to March 6
- Fiesta Disneyland, Kickin' Country Weekend, Character Fan Days, Lunar New Year Festival, and Mardi Gras!
- The Magic, The Memories, and You opens
- World of Color Celebrates 500 performances
- Disney Wonder Arrives in LA
- Disney Jr. Opens on March 25th at DCA
- elecTRONica extended through Labor Day
- DCA Turns 10!
- Disney guests trade Gowalla coins for real ones
- Disney Teaming Toy Story Stars Tom Hanks And Tim Allen For 'Jungle Cruise'
- Talking Mickey Tests Continue at ToonTown
- DCA Animation Building screens reopen.
- Pirates of the Caribbean - On Stranger Tides Preview opens
- World of Color added an expanded Pirates of the Caribbean scene
- BlackBeard now appears in Pirates
- Maliboomer Park opens
- Mary Blair Tribute at Disney Gallery opens
- Disneyland’s Wally Boag Dies at Age 90
- Disneyland’s Betty Taylor at Age 91
- NewPool area, Tangarora Terrace, and Trader Sams now open
- Mission Tortilla is Officially Closed
- Star Tours, Little Mermaid, and Mickey Soundsational Parade
- Matt Ouimet Named President of Cedar Fair
- ElecTRONica Extends to Spring 2012
- All New LaserMan Show (LASERMAN: R3CONF1GUR3D!)
- Meg Crofton named President of operations in the U.S. and France.
- Corn Dog Castle Reopens
- Goofys Sky School opens
- Paradise Garden Dining area opens with Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta and Paradise Garden and Grill.
- Pan Pacific DCA Gates open
- The AP Processing Centers in DL (Plaza Pavilion) and DCA (Greetings) have closed. Rumors of some Mary Poppins bakery! Crazy!
- D23 Expo!
- Disneyland to create Fantasy Faire at Carnation Plaza Gardens
- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom has been announced
- Plaza Pavilion is now behind walls to begin it’s transformation in Jolly Holiday Bakery
- Halloween Time and Mickey’s Halloween Party
- Pirates is closed for a lengthy referb. (Reminds me, it’s open again!)
- The Top CUPOLA Topper has been attached to the Carthay Circle Theatre
- Carthy Circle Signage appears on “Pump House”.
- Steve Jobs Passes away
- The Magic, Memories, and You now features a Holiday Version.
- The Harbor Blvd. Archway is GONE
- "All Aboard... A Grand Circle Tour of the Trains of Disney." Is now open at the Disney Gallery
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is coming to Hollywood!
- Kinect Disneyland Adventures is now available
- The Ghirardelli Chocolate shop and soda fountain is officially coming to DCA.
And that pretty much covers it. Tip of the Week w/ TommyPix Special Unofficial Days at Disneyland
- Homeschooling Day at Disneyland, Friday, Jan. 27, 2012 http://www.ochomeschooling.com/disney/
- Dapper Day – Enjoy the Park in High Style! – Sunday, Feb. 5, 2012 http://www.dapperday.com/index.php?/dapper-day/dapper-day-spring-2012- schedules/
- Tron Day – Sunday, April 8, 2012 http://www.trondisneyland.com/
- Bat’s Day – Sunday, May 20, 2012 http://www.batsday.net
- Raver Day – Second Weekend of June http://www.ravestuff.com/blogs/blog/1093852-raver-day-at-disneyland-is-on- june-14th
- Star Wars Day – Last Weekend of June http://www.starwarsdisneyland.com
- Gay Days – Oct. 5-7, 2012 http://www.gaydaysanaheim.com
- Harry Potter Day – First Weekend of November http://potteratthepark.blogspot.com
- Rock around the Park (Rockabilly and Classic Cars) – Second Weekend of November http://rockaroundthepark.com
Twitter Daniel @disgeekpodcast Tommy @tommypix Paul @disgeekpaul Email us at- email@example.com Call us at 661 450-8290. If you enjoy the show take a minute and Review us in itunes. Download Sticher Radio. Use Promo Code: DISGEEK
Direct download: DisGeek_28.mp3
-- posted at: 10:46pm PST